Space: A Tour of the Cosmos
The Foundations of Science introduces children to the wonders of the natural world in light of God’s providential care over creation.
Too often we hear messages that science is in conflict with faith, but Pope St. John Paul II wrote that faith and science “each can draw the other into a wider world, a world in which both can flourish.” Foundations seeks to spawn this flourishing in the hearts and minds of young readers, guiding them into a world that will delight their imaginations and inspire awe in the awesome power of God.
Accompanying the textbook and workbook, this video series seeks to challenge students to think more deeply about the world around them, setting them off on a search to discover God in the hidden corners of His creation. Hosted by Foundations editor Brian Kennelly, each video uses a short review of the chapter’s content as a platform to discuss a host of spiritual topics that reveal the truths of the Catholic Faith.
In Space: A Tour of the Cosmos, such talks will explore . . .
- how we can reconcile modern astronomical theories and hypotheses with the teachings of our Catholic faith
- the symbolic connection seen in the Bible between angels and stars
- why the saints compared the Virgin Mary to the Moon
- how the teachings of the Church can affect our souls the way gravity affects our bodies
- an interesting comparison between the way rocket spacecrafts work and our efforts to develop virtuous habits
- and more!
The Foundations of Science video series seeks to reward those who are willing to explore and investigate the wonder and beauty of God’s world, so that we can discover that all things, both big and small, point back to Him.
- Timothy Polnaszek, PhD
- Publication Date:
- July 26, 2022
- Product Format:
- Streaming Video
My kids enjoy watching these
My kids enjoy watching these videos at the end of our chapter studies. I especially love how the Catholic faith is interwoven with the material!