Gnawing worms, unquenchable fire, utter darkness, weeping and gnashing of teeth. With these fearful words, Jesus warned that hell is real…and that we could end up there.
Since the Early Church, Catholic saints and other visionaries have reported horrific scenes of eternal punishment. Dozens of saints throughout history have described the terrors of Hell, and relayed the horror of being separated from God for eternity so that we may see for ourselves and repent.
In Saints Who Saw Hell, you’ll find …
- The scriptural witness to the reality of hell, including the warnings of Jesus, the prophets, and the Apostles
- Scenes from the second-century Apocalypse of Peter, the oldest surviving Christian vision of hell
- Ancient reports collected by Pope St. Gregory the Great
- Medieval accounts from St. Bede, the voyage of St. Brendan, St. Hildegard of Bingen, St. Catherine of Siena, and St. Frances of Rome
- Witnesses to hell from the time of the Catholic Reformation, such as St. Teresa of Avila, Blessed Maria de Agreda, and Blessed Richard of St. Anne
- Visions from later centuries, such as those of St. Veronica Giuliani, Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich, St. John Bosco, the children of Fatima, and St. Faustina Kowalska
- And other accounts from those who have witnessed the fate of the damned
The scenes in these pages, varying in detail and source, all testify to one harrowing truth: hell is the final guarantee that what we do really matters.
For us here on earth, a peak at the grisly tortures of hell is sometimes what we really need to redouble our efforts at achieving the glorious sweetness of heaven.
- Paul Thigpen, PhD
- TAN Books
- Publication Date:
- Product Format:
Satan;s greatest deception is convincing the world he does not exist. Hell is real and Hell is a pla…Read More
Very enlightening, makes me wish I could afford to purchase more for my family and friends
Another favorite from TAN. I must be one of TANs best customers. Very interesting. I recommend it.
A great treatment of the subject of Hell, based on solid Catholic teaching. The book begins with cle…Read More
I couldn;t put this book down. The author does a wonderful job presenting the witness of the Saints.…Read More
Although it directly points out the reality of the existence of Hell this book is not designed to sc…Read More