In this enchanting book, Dr. Carrie Gress, Ph.D., author of The Marian Option, provides a fun and thrilling way for children to participate in this centuries-old practice. In just a matter of weeks, they will come to know Mary as they never have before. They will allow her to take their hand and lead them to Christ.
Gress weaves in tales of saints, kings, queens, knights, and princesses as a way to teach children about virtue, courage, and their spiritual mother who loves them. In addition, she draws valuable spiritual lessons from contemporary stories such as The Chronicles of Narnia, The Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Winnie the Pooh, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and many other fables and fairy tales that have brought children’s imaginations to life for decades.
Divided into 34 days, Marian Consecration for Children includes a short meditation for each day and accompanying discussion questions. Each day concludes with prayers and a “Did You Know?” feature that delivers fun and interesting facts. Children will discover:
• Why ladybugs are named for Mary
• The origin of nativity scenes
• Why the moon is a common symbol for Mary
• The story of St. Helena’s search for the True Cross
• The history of the Miraculous Medal and the Brown Scapular
• The miraculous account of the priests who saved Mary’s veil from a fire in Chartres Cathedral
• How St. Louis de Montfort’s book True Devotion to Mary was almost lost forever
• Various stories of Mary saving soldiers in military conflicts
Discover the beauty and wonder that has enriched Marian spirituality for several centuries as you allow this holy mother to lead young hearts and minds to her Son!
- Carrie Gress, PhD
- TAN Books
- Publication Date:
- Product Format:
Wonderful book for the entire family!
I bought this for my grandson and cant wait for him to make his consecration to Mary. It seems to b…Read More
Delightful ... so perfect for little ones!
We as a family are almost done with consecrating ourselves to Our Lady of Mount Carmel. It has been …Read More
We thoroughly enjoyed reading this! The preparation for the Consecration was spot-on for kids with r…Read More
I was so glad to find a resource to share with my kids the beautiful consecration I and my husband h…Read More