We are living in an extraordinary time: A Time of Mercy.
But what is mercy? What does it mean to be living in a Time of Mercy? How can we receive God’s Mercy? And how should we respond?
In Doors of Mercy, authors Fr. Jeffrey Kirby and Brian Kennelly answer these important questions. They act as your guides on a whirlwind tour of salvation history, from Adam and Eve to the coming of the Savior, into the present day with the beautiful story of St. Faustina and the Divine Mercy message and devotion.
- How the rebellion of Adam and Eve in the Garden affects our relationships with each other, with God, and with the world around us
- Why God chose a rainbow as the sign of the covenant with Noah
- The purpose behind Abram’s name being changed to Abraham
- How the plagues in the time of Moses were not random but had symbolic meaning
- How David’s Kingdom serves as a template, or blueprint, for the Church
- The hidden meaning behind some of Jesus’s well known parables and why the Eucharist is the sign of the new and eternal covenant
- How the Church and her saints have spread mercy throughout the centuries, with short biographies of Sts. Vincent, Camillus, Margaret Mary, Maria Goretti, and more
- The history behind St. Faustina’s visions of Jesus and the spreading of the Divine Mercy message and devotion
- How you can continue Christ’s mission of mercy in your own life…
Follow the intricate stitching of a divine rescue plan that would not be stopped by anything. Across countless generations the Lord’s mercy acted as the lifeblood of this rescue plan, so that neither our own weakness nor the devil himself could thwart it. He would deliver us a Savior and a King of Mercy no matter what it took, one who would bring His Kingdom to the ends of the earth, and who would smash the very gates of hell.
- Product Format:
- File URL: