Maryknoll Sisters of St. Dominic
The Maryknoll Sisters of St. Dominic, or simply Maryknoll Sisters, are a group of Roman Catholic religious women founded in the village of Ossining, Westchester County, New York, in 1912, six months after the 1911 creation of the Maryknoll community of missionary brothers and fathers. Until 1954, when they became a pontifical institute, the religious institute was known as the Foreign Mission Sisters of St. Dominic. The sisters use the suffix "M.M." after their names.