Children should not just read about history; they should live it. In The Story of Civilization, the ancient stories that have shaped humanity come alive like never before. Author Phillip Campbell uses his historical expertise and storytelling ability together in tandem to present the content in a fresh and thrilling way.
The Story of Civilization reflects a new emphasis in presenting the history of the world as a thrilling and compelling narrative. Within each chapter, children will encounter short stories that place them directly in the shoes of historical figures, both famous and ordinary, as they live through legendary battles and invasions, philosophical debates, the construction of architectural wonders, the discovery of new inventions and sciences, and the exploration of the world.
Volume II: The Medieval World continues the journey, picking up where Volume I left off just after the conversion of Emperor Constantine. Children will watch the seeds of Christendom being planted in the soil of Europe thanks to colossal figures like Sts. Ambrose, Patrick, and Benedict. The wonder of the Medieval world comes alive with brilliant tales of knights, crusaders, castles, and inventions.
The strength of the content lies not only in the storybook delivery of it, but also in the way it presents history through the faithful prism of the Church. Have you always wanted your children to learn about world history from a Catholic perspective? Here, you’ll have the trusted resource you’ve always wanted.
Did You Know…
- Monks were the first to make use of clocks?
- St. Patrick was once kidnapped by pirates?
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux once excommunicated a swarm of flies?
- The pope once lived in France instead of Rome?
- A plague spread out across Europe and killed millions of people?
- Knights fought with all sorts of weapons, including swords, lances, maces, and crossbows?
- Marco Polo was one of the most famous explorers who ever lived?
Embark on the journey now to learn of all these wonders and more!
- Product Format: