In Part I, Bishop Thomas Olmsted calls for Catholic men to step up and “into the breach” in service to God, their families, parishes, and wider communities. In the course of his exhortation, Olmsted unveils:
• How being a Christian man is far more than physical prowess or worldly power
• Why the world and the Church desperately need men—real men—to fight for them in spiritual combat
• The vital importance of prayer and the sacraments in the life of every man
• Why fatherhood, fully understood, is so crucial for every man
• The value of devotion to a patron saint (complete with 10 manly suggestions)
• Most importantly, how men have the perfect model of man in Jesus Christ, and how we can follow his example
In Part II, Cook presents a treasure trove of prayers, church teachings, and writings from the saints that serve as a tremendous source of inspiration for men seeking to become better men of God. It is at once an essential guide and a profound book of prayers designed specifically for men.
Now, perhaps more than ever, men need to be men. But what it means to be a man has been twisted into a pale and mangled image of true manhood. Manual for Men serves as a field guide and instruction manual for those husbands, fathers, sons and brothers who would become real men of God— men who protect, physically and spiritually, those entrusted to them; men who sacrifice, pray, fight, love, and live by the example of Christ.
There is a battle for our souls, our families, our world, and Our Lord calls us men to fight. Are you ready to answer the call? Will you accept Bishop Olmsted’s plea to “engage in the battle that is raging around you”?
- Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted
- TAN Books
- Publication Date:
- Product Format:
- Deluxe Leatherette
My son just proposed to his girlfriend, and I was struck with grief that his dad isn’t here for him,…Read More
This is a must for every man, young and old, single or married, and all fathers and grandfathers. Im…Read More
Truly one of the best books I'veever read. It helps me find the way to true masculinity, how we…Read More
Very helpful and inspiring.