The best ever explanation of the Catholic doctrine of the communion of saints written for a popular audience. Patrick Madrid explains in a clear, easy-to-follow style why Catholics “pray” to Mary and the saints.
Using the Bible and the testimony of the early Church Fathers, he shows the biblical and historical foundations of this often misunderstood Catholic doctrine. He walks you through the standard anti-Catholic arguments against praying to Mary and the saints and demonstrates why these arguments are themselves unbiblical. Madrid covers the issues of praying for the souls in purgatory, the veneration of the relics, the use of statues and icons, and the role Mary and the saints play in the life of the Church. Clear, biblical, and eye-opening.
Grow in your understanding of the Church as you learn:
• Since Christ is the “one mediator” (1 Tim 2:5), why Catholics pray to Mary and the saints • How Mary and the saints can hear all those prayers
• What the Bible says about asking the saints to intercede for us
• Why Catholics venerate the relics of martyrs
• Why Catholics use statues
• If God is displeased when Catholics pray for the dead
- Product Format: