Finish off Catholic Stories for Boys and Girls with the last book in this classic series! In the final volume of this four-part series read:
- "The Dawn of Spring"—Old Louis's reflections on eternity looking forward to spring
- "The Land of Erin"—The adventures of Saint Patrick, from his homeland to heaven
- "The Flowery Kingdom"—Blessed John Gabriel’s zeal for sanctity
- "The Lion Tamer"—The faith and strength of Saint Martina in the face of the wild beasts and the pagan Emperor Alexander
- "A Shepherd and His Sheep"—The life of Saint Vincent de Paul
Written to be read aloud for the entire family’s entertainment, Catholic Stories for Boys & Girls offers four volumes each holding a handful of happy and courageous stories, compiled and written by Catholic nuns in the 1930's. Catholic Stories for Boys and Girls appeals to the whole family by using simple vocabulary to engage children but also providing well-developed plots to captivate adults’ interest.
Each story highlights a different virtue, and, to reinforce the virtue, every chapter closes with a two-line rhyming verse that provides both a chapter summary and a pithy message, all underlining the books’ main theme—the Church gives life to the soul through grace. Excellent when read by children, and even better when read to children by parents and older siblings, these timeless stories show the reward of virtue by the wondrous events that occur when one is generous with God.
As taken from the front cover of the book, the stories herein are republished in the hope that in a small way the Faith, Culture, and Tradition of the Holy Catholic Church may be preserved for our most prized possession, our children.
Our prayer for these books is the same as Baltimore’s first Archbishop, the Most Reverend Michael J. Curley, prayed when these books were first published:
“May our Divine Lord bless each boy and girl who reads these stories, as well as every one who helps to place them in their hands.”
- Product Format:
- File URL: