An epic journey through one of the most prominent books of the Old Testament!
The book of Samuel chronicles a pivotal period in the story of salvation history, when the era of the judges was coming to a close and Samuel, the last of the judges and the first prophet, becomes the instrument by which God transitions Israel from a confederation of tribes to a kingdom. The Throne of David is established as a new institution, one that would usher in the long-awaited Messiah, the anticipated Lord and Savior, ensuring he would be known and recognized when he came.
Within this broader scope, First Samuel provides dozens of compelling accounts, including
- The sad account of Eli and his wicked sons
- The powerful faith of Hannah, once thought to be barren, who miraculously gives birth to Samuel
- The call of Samuel by God • The rise and fall of Saul, the first king of Israel
- The anointing of David and his famous battle with Goliath
- Saul’s manhunt for David
- David and Jonathan’s strong friendship
In the 18 session study Fr. Jeffrey Kirby, STD, explores all these stories and more in First Samuel: Establishing the Throne of David. In addition, Fr. Kirby shows how the biblical accounts are still relevant today and can teach us valuable lessons to apply to our everyday life. Like Samuel, you will hear God’s call and be ready to respond to whatever he asks of you.
The full-color Study Guide contains:
- Extensive biblical commentary with supplemental material for each session, including references to related passages in the Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Excerpts from other Church documents and writings of saints
- Glossary of key words
- Beautiful sacred art
- And much more!
Leader Pack includes 1 Study Guide (with answers in the back) and 1 Parish Streaming License.
- Fr. Jeffrey Kirby, S.T.D.
- Publication Date:
- May 2020
- Product Format: